Self Study CME from 2009 MMDA Annual Meeting
Participants can earn CME credits for completing the following self study activities, originally presented at the 2009 MMDA Annual Meeting on November 7, 2009. Sessions focus on issues in Transitions of Care. All sessions are approved for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and are designated by the AMDA Certification Program (AMDCP) as management credits toward certification/recertification.
CME sessions are available for purchase. A $20 per session fee will be charged for processing CME credits.
In order to receive credits for these CME activities, participants must view the Flash video of the recorded session in its entirety, complete the session evaluation and accompanying request for certificate of participation. Requests for certificates will be processed within 30-days of receipt and e-mailed to the address provided by participant on the certificate request form.
To purchase access to a self study activity, select the “pay now” button next to the activity of your choice.
Overview of Transitions of Care and the National Transitions of Care Coalition – Susan Levy, MD, CMD,
- Review common problems encountered in transitions of care
- Understand barriers to improving care transitions
- Review strategies to make transitions safer
- Update on the work of the National Transitions of Care coalition
Elucidating Concerns of Care Transitions – Case Presentations – Lauren Graham, MPH, Simir K. Sinha MD, DPhil, FRCPC
- To review the risk factors for hospital readmission to older adults.
- To explore the systemic factors that may affect hospital readmission in older adults.
- To describe the Mobile Long Term Care (LTC) Emergency Nursing Program (ENP), an innovative model of care designed to prevent transfers to the Emergency Department (ED) for conditions which can be treated in the LTC setting
Problems Involved In Care Transitions - Steve A. Levenson, MD, CMD
- Identify how transitions reflect many of the strengths and weaknesses of the health care system
- Identify considerations that could make care transitions safer and more effective
Medical Director Oversight of Unexpected Transfers – John Loome, MD, CMD
- The participant will understand the impact that unplanned transfers has on the nursing center (SNF)
- The participant will understand the data and research surrounding unplanned transfers in the SNF industry
- The participant will learn strategies to proactively and retrospectively manage unplanned transfers in the SNF